Spotting Malaria reliably
"Diagnostic testing and treatment Research is required to develop tools that can more readily detect low-level parasitaemia in asymptomatic carriers and ascertain the effectiveness of different screening strategies both at higher transmission levels, in order to appropriately target interventions, and when countries enter the elimination phase."
- WHO, Global Technical Strategy for Malaria 2016 – 2030, 2015
Simple and fast Malaria-LAMP workflow
The LoopampTM workflow allows for the easy DNA extraction and preparation of reaction mixes in a few steps without any additional equipment. Reagent storage and shipment at room temperature and the excellent test performance make molecular pathogen testing available in rural areas with limited settings.
- High specificity and sensitivity
- Very short turnaround times
- Simple processing
- High degree of robustness
- Easy result interpretation, either visually (HumaLoop) or by means of a turbidimeter (HumaTurb system)
High reliability ensured by best performance
- Sensitivity of 96 – 100 % and specificity of 97 – 100 %
- Detection limit of 1 parasite / μl
- Differentiation between Plasmodium pan species, P. falciparum and P. vivax
- Listed in the WHO Policy brief on malaria diagnostic in low-transmission settings