Expressing entrepreneurial responsibility, owner, management, and employees of HUMAN feel highly obliged to the sustainable use of natural resources and environmental protection including the prevention of environmental impacts beyond HUMAN’s company boundaries.
Therefore, a certified environmental management system for all sites is established and maintained, which implements the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001 and the European EMAS Directive. According to these guidances Human reviews the environmental management system regularly regarding HUMAN’s obligation for continuous improvement of the environmental performance.
The environmental policy of HUMAN is characterized by its environmental guidelines. Environmental management measures are regularly aligned with the environmental policy and attached guidelines.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and other binding obligations of the Company are jointly guaranteed by all parties involved.
- In the design of business processes preferably renewable resources are used. The proportion of renewable energy generated at the HUMAN locations is increased to the extent possible.
- Decisions on investments, suppliers, products, intermediates, and raw materials include environmental effects.
- The planning of business travel and logistics accounts for steady reduction of the ecological footprint as well as attenuation of the climate change, as far as technically and economically feasible.
- The management of hazardous substances is designed such that the risk of environmental damage is minimized - including emergency situations.
- HUMAN employees are actively involved in the definition and implementation of measures to improve environmental performance.
- Suppliers and contractors are requested to consider the HUMAN environmental policy.
- HUMAN openly publishes information on environmental performance and welcomes suggestions from the public.
- Continuous improvement of the environmental management system and of the environmental performance is considered obligatory.